Sunday, September 22, 2013

About Me

Hi there,

My name is Nick Daglis. I'm... sort of an awkward individual. Always trying to figure things out - like why I feel a certain way, how I can change my attitude for the better, or improve in some other facet. I'm a pretty anxious person.This blog may prove to be one of the most frustrating tasks on my weekly agenda. Largely because I struggle to organize my thoughts, constantly erasing, retyping, and cutting things out because nothing seems to look or feel right. Keeping cool is a constant struggle.

While I'd love to say otherwise, I haven't done anything too exciting over the summer. Mostly working, trying to keep in touch with old friends, make some new ones and save some money.

I'm taking this class because it's mandatory for the curriculum. Though, I'm pretty ecstatic that after three years of post high school schooling  I get to take classes that are actually relevant to my future career.

When I'm not in class I spend a lot of time in my dorm. My roommate withdrew so I get a pretty good amount of space to myself. I mentioned just a few sentences back my struggles with anxiety, I spend most of my time fighting it. I listen to instrumentals, ASMR whisper sessions (that is, videos designed to trigger your ASMR, autonomous sensory meridian response) watch slice of life style programs and I love to enjoy paintings and photography of landscape - whatever I can do to bring me into a relaxed state of mind.

Aside from that I'm an open minded person. I love trying new things and meeting new people.

Here's a picture of a Fjorde, I think they're pretty neat. 
http://www.berge-und-meer-blog.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/norwegische_fjorde1.jpg

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment